» Board of Directors
» CUCPG MOU
» SBSD (was DMBE)
» SWAM Events
» VASCUPP Zone Map
The Virginia Association of State College and University Purchasing Professionals (VASCUPP) was established in 1992 with the objective of identifying opportunities for cooperative procurements and cost savings for higher education institutions in Virginia, and over the past 24 years that objective has not changed. The current 11 members of VASCUPP continuously collaborate on cooperative procurements, procurement practice, and source selection, which ultimately allow for savings through leveraged spend and reduced administrative effort.
VASCUPP members have all received Level II or Level III delegated purchasing authority from the state's central purchasing agency and as such are subject to the following laws, policies, and procedures:
- The Rules Governing Procurement of Goods, Services, Insurance, and Construction by a Public Institution of Higher Education of the Commonwealth of Virginia (commonly referred to as the Governing Rules) governs the procurement of goods, services, insurance, and construction for decentralized higher education institutions.
- The Commonwealth of Virginia Purchasing Manual for Institutions of Higher Education and their Vendors (commonly referred to as the Higher Ed Manual) specifies the purchasing process for publicly-funded colleges and universities and their vendors. The Higher Ed Manual applies only to public educational institutions that have acquired Level II or Level III authority and is intended solely for purchases valued over $50,000.
- Each school has developed its own small purchase procedures (purchases valued at $50,000 or less) and can viewed at their respective websites.
Vendors interested in doing business with VASCUPP schools should:
- Register in eVA (Virginia's e-procurement website) and select commodity codes for your business that will inform you of relevant state agency business opportunities (Quick Guide to eVA Registration)
- Visit the Future Procurements listing found on eVA https://evafutureprocurements.dgs.virginia.gov/futureprocurements.aspx
- Certify as a Department of Small Business and Supplier Diversity (SBSD) SWAM business if qualified
- Familiarize yourself with VASCUPP contracts for goods/services your firm is able to provide and know when these contracts expire and what it takes to compete
- Reach out to campus departments that would be interested in your goods/services to make them aware of your firm's offerings
We encourage you to visit our site frequently and if you have any questions about specific contracts please reach out to the buyer on record for additional information.